First steps

I felt it was a good idea to go back to the basics. So I spent some time familiarizing my self with the Maya system,  I'm using the latest version of Maya, Maya 11 which seems more user friendly. I generally prefer the colour scheme it looks slightly less threatening.

I reminded my self of the xyz system , of Maya which identifies the way in which you navigate your models around. X being the horizon line, Y being the vertical, and Z being the line which cuts between the two which gives you the 3.D depth. I know this is really basic stuff but I very unfamiliar with the system and have never really got into it even on this course.

I began reading the book from the beginning which went over preferences, to make sure the scene was set up correctly by default my setting were fine and I was ready to begin with my reference image.


Previously I have read and tested the importance of setting up an image plain.
Its important to get the sizing wright for he front and side profile so they are properly measured and placed correctly, as the two D template will act as a solid guide for your model.

1. I inserted the image planes in to the side and front perspective.

2. In the channel box / Inputs I clicked - 25 in the centre Z which put the image plain into the correct place. I did the same with the the side view.

3. Once I had the two images in the right place I created a new layer and assigned the two image plains tow this layer then clicked in the middle box of my layer until it turned R, this mean I couldn't accidentally start moving the layers about when modeling.

4. Time to block out the character, creating a rough frame, like a sketch but in 3.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment